Saturday, February 12, 2011

Heart On My Sleeve

                                        By Consuela



      I've been called a freak. I can live with that. I also have been called a fagot, a loser and whatever else you can think of. I know what I am and what I am not. Cross-dressing and dressing is so much more than just putting on a skirt and dancing around. I honestly don't even see tags  anymore. It's not even about wearing woman's clothes.  I told a friend that it was about expression for me. I could wear dungarees and a tee but that's just not me. I love color and those boys clothes just don't have it sister. It's all about expression. Clothes are the paints and my body  is the palette.Hey if you can do it with a cool teeshirt and jeans go for it. I love doing it with all the colors of the rainbow. For 28 years of my life I was a victim of blue. Blue colors, blue feelings and blue denim. trust me blue denim can be a girl's best friend but everyday will kill anyone.  I decided to break free. Just like my good buddy Freddie Mercury sang about. Sister, it's time to breathe! That's exactly what I did. So long blue hello rainbows. It's intensely personal for me. I am sure for you out there it is the same way. Whether you've been hiding in the closet or strutting down the street it's personal.  It's my heart I wear on my sleeve and the rest of my body. I love life and life loves me. Why shouldn't I be proud of who I am and how I look. I stopped pleasing people and started to make myself happy. What could be more tragic than living a life not worth living? I couldn't think of anything worse can you? I love showing people that I am an individual. It's about courage, faith, love and hope. It takes faith to know it will work out. It takes courage to be who your are.  Finally, it takes a love for yourself to do what your heart wants. Back in line you sheep I'm stepping out! Whether that courage is tight leather pants and a Versace top with black boots or just yoga pants,a tee and sneakers. I love it and you should too.  Have faith all, we were put were for one purpose and that was to live it too the fullest. You shouldn't have to hide behind facades of bullshit to be happy. Step out and have confidence in knowing that your amazing. 

3 comments:

  1. I just love this article. Just came out not too long ago myself and feel a lot happier myself-it's about making yourself happy and it takes a lot of courage as there is a lot of prejudices out there in the world. Like Lady Gaga's new song "Born This Way"-we must have courage to live this way as well and with the right friends and support system we'll make it a happy life once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said honey. Blue is blah! If you cannot face the person in the mirror you cannot live a full life. As Dr. Seuss says: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    Luv Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very honest!!!!
    Love it love it love it
    my grandmother used to say "You can not love or hate someone without first loving or hating that quality in yourself." And if you can truly love who you are, you can truly spread that love to over come any adversity!!!
    And you have done that!!!
    Loves you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete